LAMU DHOW / future vintage tee / Phygital
Witness the ancient dhow race in Kenya during the New Year's celebration 2022.
New Year's Lamu Dhow Race occurs on Shela Beach, Lamu island yearly on January 1st. As a highlight of New Year celebrations and the most prestigious race of the year, the dhow competition attracts dozens of local watermen along with hundreds of curious spectators. Other festivities feature parties that last all the way into the night.
A Dhow is an ancient handmade Arab boat constructed of local mangroves, wood, and fabric. The boats look amazing when sailing with African winds in the waters of the Indian ocean.
Kenyan Coastal Collection: OFfff-White.
- Phygital of Lamu Dhow T-Shirt.
- Label Type: blkburd genes woven logo.
- Garment Construction: Tubular.
- Yarn Count: 20 Singles.
- WRAP certified.
- Yarn Description: Solid Colors 100% Ring-Spun Cotton.
- Style Weight: 5.6oz / 185 gsm.
- Fabric Made, Cut & dyed in USA.
- Tightly Knitted Mid-Heavy Weight Jersey.
- Blkburd Genes Short Sleeve Tee.
- SIZING : Retail fit.