LAMU GOLDEN AGE : 2.2696° S, 40.9006° E
Lamu: Golden Age, Arts & Crafts
Lamu’s golden age occurred between the late 17th and the early 19th century as a territory only minimally dependent on the country of Oman. The autonomous nature of Lamu came from a strong governance under a council of elders known as the Yumbe, who ruled from a town palace of classical architecture.
Lamu became the foremost cultural hub of eastern Kenya— the epicenter of the arts, poetry and politics. Lamu also enjoyed a bustling trade business making the waterfront a magnet throughout the Indian Ocean.
- Pre orders ships out in 4 - 5 weeks.
Kenyan Coastal Collection: Vintage Red.
- Label Type: blkburd genes printed logo.
- Garment Construction: Tubular.
- Yarn Count: 20 Singles.
- WRAP certified.
- Yarn Description: Solid Colors 100% Ring-Spun Cotton.
- Style Weight: 5.6oz / 185 gsm.
- Fabric Made, Cut & dyed in USA.
- Tightly Knitted Mid-Heavy Weight Jersey.
- Blkburd Genes Short Sleeve Tee.
SIZING : Retail Fit.