LAMU OLD TOWN / future vintage tee / Phygital
LAMU OLD TOWN.
It is the oldest and best-preserved Swahili settlement in East Africa, retaining its traditional functions. Built in coral stone and mangrove timber, the town is characterized by the simplicity of structural forms enriched by such features as inner courtyards, verandas, and elaborately carved wooden doors. Lamu has hosted major Muslim religious festivals since the 19th century, and has become a significant centre for the study of Islamic and Swahili cultures.
Kenyan Coastal Collection: Vintage Light Blue
- Label Type: blkburd genes woven logo
- Garment Construction: Tubular
- Yarn Count: 20 Singles
- WRAP certified
- Yarn Description: Solid Colors 100% Ring-Spun Cotton
- Style Weight: 5.6oz / 185 gsm
- Fabric Made, Cut & dyed in USA
- Tightly Knitted Mid-Heavy Weight Jersey
- Blkburd Genes Short Sleeve Tee